Wednesday, July 24, 2013

10 reasons i love the instagram.

if you don't follow me, you should! @30jennymartin and if you don't know what instagram is, get with the times, man. get with the times. 1. it still feels like a good old boys club. i'd say of my real life friends, mostly the tastemakers and my most "in the know" types are regular grammers. and hands down, it's the best place for a blog fan to feel truly connected to writers they like. i follow all types of friends, bloggers, stores, brands, celebrities (NOT the kardashains-can't handle!). sometimes i tag them, and once or twice they've written back. total win in my book. my close real life friends that gram know how into it i am. and so are they! 2. my feed shows me everyone i follow, all the time. facebook totally sucks now that they control what you see on your news feed.
3. there ain't no shame in #overgramming. my account is what it is-filled with baby Sloane shots with an occasional craft project thrown in for good measure. looking for a picture of your favorite #jewban in a santa outfit?? check my feed. i truly feel like there is no judgement. if you are sick of my baby cuteness, don't look. pretty simple. 4. #hashtags mean something. sure, i use them in cute {lame} ways but i also use them to assign a category to different things im up to. example: #keywestorbust was assigned to all my recent summer vacation pics. 5. other peoples babies! i absolutely love seeing daily our friends-near and far-on the parenthood journey. if i do say so myself, most of my friends are smart and creative-so they all have funny, poignant pictures of their kiddos. 6. gabe loves it. he keeps my feed on his desktop at work. it warms my heart when he shoots me a reminder text "instagram, please!" although he has yet to post pictures himself...not sure why.
7. screenshots! i do this constantly, whether it's an outfit i want to buy, a recipe i want to try, craft i want to put my own spin on or a judgment i want to make and send a friend! i kid, i kid. 8. believe me, i've done the facebook cleanse and weeded out a lot, but I still get the way too often "OMG my baby doesn't sleep a wink" status update that causes me to sigh heavily. There's something more gratifying to instead see an f-in exhausted new momma selfie on the gram rather than read about it.
9. although i could give or take the filters feature, the fact that the grams are saved in a square to your phone is unique. i love to print them using prinstagram. we had a rad poster made of the first 6 months of sloane's life as portrayed in social media: #sloaneswonderfullife.
10. the #abeautifulmess app. Super cool blogger sisters took their full-time gig to a whole new level when they realeased this hipster photo-editing app that allows you to jazz up your grams with super simple text, graphics and filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment