Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Care Card.

it's that glorious time of year again!!! Care Card is a local charity event that us Junior League dropouts are still hanging on to with pride. You purchase the card for $60 (price increase this year!), which then entitles you to 20% off at about 600 shops & services around the valley. Your donation goes to UMOM again this year. They provide temporary to semi-permanent shelters to homeless families. It's a great organization that I have worked with in the past and truly, truly believe in. Here's how I'm spending a Care Card Day: Breakfast at Arcadia Farms with the ladies to plot out our shopping, drive over to Mesa to pop into Found for some pillows. Then I'm headed to Central Phoenix to pick up those highly coveted silk floral arrangements from The French Bee my mom and I love so much. I'll swing by the Biltmore for a fur vest from Calypso St. Barth and lululemon (for obvious reasons.) Next you'll find me schlepping it up to North Scottsdale where I'll hit up Splendid, Peek Kids, and Restoration Hardware where clearly I NEED ALL NEW LINENS-sheets and towels. I'll swing by Tru Food for a green juice then make my way to Bungalow, the mothership of all things beautiful for the home. They have a swanky Care Card party I've been waiting for all year. While sipping my champagne and picking out my custom wingback chairs, I'll text Gabe to remind him to call Jimmy Choo to place my holiday gift order. Reality is, I'm just going to buy Gabe some work shoes at Cole Haan, Sloane some educational toys at BabyStop, and that green juice at Tru Food. But a girl can dream, right? It's still the best $60 I'll spend all week. The Board of Visitors has a beautiful mission and someday soon (like the first week the baby girl goes to school-er, maybe the second week), I'll be back out in the Valley doing my thing. (NOT RUMMAGE-wink, wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment