Wednesday, November 13, 2013

the big first birthday recap: part 2: FOOD!

If there's one thing Jews do right, it's food at a party. Gabe and I knew from the start we'd have to live up to our wedding (greatest meal EVER) so we went straight to the pros. Obviously, some of the best food in town is Postino's. Bruschetta, charcuterie, salads, paninis. Done.
And then there was cake. I literally cried when Alyssa from Cuteology brought the cakes through the front door. Besides being totally stunning in design, both the cake and the smash cake tasted outrageously good. Literally the yummiest cake EVER-well, besides our wedding cake. Beautiful and perfect for our little girl's first birthday.
The dessert table also included clearly the most delicious cookies in town-Barb's! These were the same exactly style the aunties served at my Phoenix baby shower, and I now plan to have them every year! I made the tablecloth and backdrop. That's downplaying it a little. That freaking backdrop took me hours to conceive, craft and install. And I loved every second of it! #craftastrophe My cousin Hannah made the marshmallow pops! I added a little bit of candy, a lot of MacKenzie-Childs and was ready get all Amy Atlas up in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment