Monday, June 3, 2013

my mom series: introduction

one of the very few things in life that i can truly do, on any given day, is write. my dear friend nikki has been after me for years to write a book. maybe this is a small step in that direction. but mostly, it's a platform for me to gift my daughter, post after post. i also hope for her to value and admire my small talents in hopes of someday pursuing her own grand ones.
enter a writing prompt. the relationship i imagine with my daughter is very specific. one of the main components is for her to truly know me. when i was a few months pregnant, walking around town with fingers crossed and a very hopeful heart, i came across this little gem of a book at frances-(more on that place later!) this pint-sized journal is filled with questions the fictional child asks her mother in order to chronicle her life. this blog post series will take me on a trip down memory lane and provide sloane will a meaningful lens into where i've been-and where i'm going.
because i love her, and she loves me. yep, that onesie is in spanish. #jewban

No comments:

Post a Comment